The Front Desk Host provides the inafa’maolek experience for our guests. He/She provides a warm welcome during guest registration, prompt and courteous hospitality during the guest stay and upon completion of stay and bids the guest a fond farewell.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listen and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Make guest room keys. Provide welcome packets containing rooms keys, certificates, coupons, etc. as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change, convert foreign exchange and traveler’s checks, open, close and balance a bank float. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guestrooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive, clear English communication following pre-set standards of the hotel/department. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of checkout and ascertain the guest satisfaction with their stay. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise that may include authorizing revenue allowances (with approval from Manager).
- Ensure that the Front Office Manager is kept aware of any relevant feedback from our guests or other departments.
- Ensure a high level of product knowledge of hotel and area. Ensure a high level of guest hospitality is consistently maintained and all guest queries or requests are handled in a polite, efficient manner.
- Maximization of room sales and revenue for the hotel by ensuring a sales attitude is adopted at all times, and an awareness of all sales opportunities within the hotel is maintained.
- Has thorough knowledge of all guestrooms, their rates and location, as well as hotel facilities and services. Ensure that the standards of cleanliness and orderliness are met. Informs Housekeeping and Maintenance whenever there is a need for repair and maintenance work.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity.
For more detailed information, Please click the link below.
Download PDFHow to Apply?