Responsible for all preparation and cooking of various food items in station, food quality, and daily specials. Adhere to sanitation practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, seasons, cooks and portions hot sauces, soups, stocks, broth, stews, braised, sautéed and roasted meats, fish and poultry, etc. Prepares cold products and supervises the cooking of vegetables. Substitutes or relieves cooks assigned to junior stations as necessary. Assist in the supervision and/or training of all other cooks. Keeps working area clean and free of obstruction of any kind. Prepare and supervise preparation of desserts, pastries, confections and ice cream. May create artistic statuaries and ornaments out of sugar, pastry or ices. May cut, trim and prepare meats, fish, fowl and any other product for frying, roasting, broiling and stewing to order of various other cooks. Makes individual cuts of meats, fish or fowl to specified size or weight and utilizing every portion. Initiates requisitions and preparation lists. Converts recipes and standard measures to daily requirements. Order supplies as necessary. Works under little or no direct supervision. May delegate duties to other classifications. Cook is responsible for preparing and plating all menu items and special requests with proper garnishes. Able to make rational decisions in a calm, timely manner and maintain established quality standards. Must have his/her own knives and special equipment required performing assigned duties. Promote teamwork and morale. Review and implement Banquet Event Orders. Know all menus and be able to assist other associates. Knowledge of products, uses and availability. Dedication to excellence with continued development of our hotel’s reputation as well as you personal development.
- Responsible for managing the inventory of all food items and supplies and ordering needed items accordingly on a daily basis.
- Provide ongoing training to the culinary team. Provide necessary input in the completion of associate evaluations. Manage the culinary schedule to make in the day for the day modifications as deemed fit.
- Set up station with predetermined mise en place required to service all F&B activity in the day, for the day.
- Breakdown workstation, including but not limited to workstation and cooler. Ensure cleanliness of workstation and equipment at the close of shift. Perform other duties as assigned, practice sanitation and safety on daily basis to ensure the total customer satisfaction.
For more detailed information, Please click the link below.
Download PDFHow to Apply?