This position is responsible for running a hot section, ala carte ordering, supplies and supervision of cooks and line cooks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aid in the supervision, training, scheduling and participate in activities of the culinary staff. Work closely with the culinary team in the preparation and presentation of the food product in accordance with productivity standards, costs controls, and forecast needs.
- Work with and oversee culinary staff performance, product quality, and presentation, offering suggestions and praise to improve when necessary.
- Ensure that proper product materials are readily available
- Perform food preparation/cooking tasks on the hot line.
- Supervise the production (time, quality, quantity) of ala carte items ordered.
- Assist in all areas of operation as requested by management.
- Assist in conducting monthly inventory of food product.
- Inspect food storeroom areas to verify proper storage policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Assist in the enforcement of safety procedures and sanitation standards throughout the culinary area including storerooms, and pantry.
- Assist Sous Chefs in planning, organization of culinary team activities such as meetings and training.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and monitor schedules for all kitchen staff, making sure to follow hotel policies in regards to number of hours worked.
- Ensure that all areas of the kitchen are covered with a sufficient amount of staff to handle expected production.
- Work with the Purchasing department in the selection and acceptance of a variety of food, including fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, poultry, fish, and staple items.
- Generate recipes, menus, reports, inter-office memos, etc.
- Ensure common areas, kitchen, pantry, storeroom, food prep areas, and other work areas are clean, neat, and well maintained and comply with safety standards.
- Responsible for both guest and host safety within property. This includes conducting or arranging for safety training, sanitation, and safety awareness programs and the maintenance of all records
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate individual host goals, objectives, and performance. Make recommendations for improvement when necessary.
- Assist in the professional and technical development hosts.
- Assist Sous Chefs in the daily operation of the kitchen and the direction of all its hosts.
- Participate in all property safety programs.
- Performs and other job related duties specified.
For more detailed information, Please click the link below.
Download PDFHow to Apply?